Friday, June 20, 2014

Kiwi Pineapple | Green Juice

As an avid lover of all things green, its no surprise that I have somewhat of a green juice addiction. Usually I use whatever I have on hand, and today that happened to include kiwi and pineapple. 



I've never made a juice like this before, but let me tell you; it was probably the best green juice I've ever had! It was sweet, tangy, and just about had the consistency of a creamy smoothie. It was soooo delicious!

Ingredients:

  • 2 kiwis
  • 1 large handful of fresh pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup kale (any kind)
  • 4 romaine leaves
  • 1/2 of a medium-sized cucumber
  • 1 1/2 tbs chia seeds


Directions:

Slice fruit/veggies small enough to fit in your juicer (or blender, if you prefer)
Juice/blend until you reach your desired consistency (I like to run the left over pulp through the juicer one more time, to get more fiber and a thicker consistency)
Top your juice with some chia seeds
Refridgerate your juice for about 10-20 minutes to give the chia seeds time to expand, and your juice time to chill
ENJOY!


This particular recipe makes somewhere around 14 ounces of juice. 
Feel free to make any adjustments/additions to this recipe if you decide to try it, and let me know how it turns out!



No comments:

Post a Comment