Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Boathouse | Dining


If it's outdoors, it's for me. That's basically my mantra.
If I ever get the option of eating a meal outside, I'll take it. 

Today is my Vavó (grandmother, in Portuguese)'s birthday, and also, my half birthday! We decided to celebrate along with my mother and my great aunt with an amazing lunch at one of my favorite waterfront dining establishments, The Boathouse.

Located in the small town of Tiverton, RI, The Boathouse is home to some of the freshest local seafood in the area.

For starters, we decided on the Lobster Fritters; think a southwestern chipotle style clam-cake. As always, they were incredibly delicious. They were so delicious, in fact, nobody could wait for me to take a picture before delving in (sorry!)


As for our main courses, we all decided on the fish tacos; can you tell we're related?! They were amazing, to say the least. The fish was a light corn-battered cod, so flaky and perfectly cooked. The cod sat atop a mango salsa packed with fresh cilantro and crumbled queso fresco. They were wrapped in tiny flour tortillas and drizzled with fresh avocado. I'm not usually one for side dishes, but the saffron rice customary to the dish was so delicious I couldn't help myself!


And for the most important part of the meal, the dessert, we decided on a grasshopper pie. A fudgy browny topped with a delicate peppermint chip gelato and served with a peppermint creme on the side; needless to say this was the perfect ending to a perfect lunch.

If my photos look less-than-perfect, it could be due to the fact that I broke my Canon point-and-shoot yesterday and all of these photos were taken on my iPhone 5. Mehhhhhhh.



1 comment:

  1. Happy half birthday and happy birthday to your grandmother - any excuse for a good meal! Those tacos look amazing xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete